A sweet and savory pudding that’s healthy and satisfying. Peppered with currants for texture and a hint of spice to please the warm spicy side of you!
2 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup yam puree
1/2 tsp sea or pink Himalayan salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
1/4 cup currants
- Place all ingredients, except currants, into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Whisk until blended.
- Alternatively, use a blender or high speed mixer.*
- Stir in the currants. Use more or less to adjust to your liking!
- Immediately divide pudding into jars or a container and place in the refrigerator for a few hours until set.
- I find this to set up rather quickly. I refrigerate it because I prefer it chilled.
- The coconut milk is much easier to stir if you use a room temperature can of milk.
- If you get distracted like I do in the kitchen and you leave it sitting while you are doing 3 other things, it will set up in the mixing vessel. For more ease (and tidiness) in storage, pour it immediately into storage container.
- This recipe is very versatile. Adding a scoop of grass-fed collagen (NOT gelatin, there is a difference), hemp hearts or extract flavor variations gives you extra nutrient density and flavor.